Friday, April 1, 2011

Give Your Heart to God First..(again!)

"I love you God. Even if you're all I'll ever have."

A week ago Thursday I posted something called "Let God Give Your Heart Away." Several posts since them have mentioned the same theme so I'm not going to retell you what they say. However, God has laid this so hard on my heart and I feel like I need to share it with you all one more time. Give your whole heart to God, EVERYTHING, then trust HIM to give it away when the time is right. Don't settle for anything less, don't strive for anything more. Let God be God. Yesterday I posted about this too, I talked about how we tend to analyze every little detail about every single guy, wondering if he could possibly be the one, when the truth is it doesn't matter! If your heart is set solely on God and HIS purpose for your life, everything else is going to fall into place. Matthew 6:33 proves this! "But seek first HIS kingdom and HIS righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

I am seeing more and more that God isn't going to give us something we're not ready for. 1 Corinthians 10:13 in fact says, he will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear. If God doesn't think you can keep him Lord of your life and a boyfriend second, (or 3rd or 4th or 5th) then he's not going to give you one. Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else guard your heart..." Guard it. Fill your heart with the presence of God. Fill it with scripture and joy and peace and love. Things found only in God! (Colossians 2:2-3) No significant other will EVER give you this kind of gift.

So ladies, please. Do yourself a favor, and fall in love with God.