A while back I read a book by Stephanie Herzog, “God is your Matchmaker.” The first time I read it I thought it was way too extreme for my taste. I read the entire thing, but until now have not recommended it to anyone.
However, a week ago I came across the book again and couldn’t remember for the life of me why I disagreed with it so much. I quickly flipped through it and found page after page of awesome stuff I totally agreed with! So why didn’t I like the book 3 years ago? No idea. Perhaps my mind was so underdeveloped it scared me. Anyhow, I’m recommending it to you now, and taking a piece out of it for this blog.
In the book Stephanie gives her list of the top 5 lies singles believe, and I’m adding in the last 5 just to make it a nice round 10. In the book Stephanie goes into explanation for each one, but for time’s sake I am going to give you the headlines and I’ll let you all comment with your questions and concerns. By the way, I am trying out a new commenting system for the blog through Facebook, if it doesn’t work just use the old way of doing things. Thanks, and enjoy. J
Top 10 lies singles believe:
- Marriage is the key to happiness.
- I’m 25 years old and still single—something’s wrong with me
- Single means incomplete
- Single means alone
- God has many for me to choose from to marry
- Guys don’t pursue me. I should pursue them.
- He isn’t texting me, I guess I’m not good enough for him either…
- Everyone else has a boyfriend!
- God is punishing me
- Maybe I should dress like the girls who actually get attention from guys.
Comment your feelings below!