Friday, May 11, 2012

Spinsters Take Flight


I went to visit my sisters in the Midwest for a week and it was a treat. 
  • Back in the day Char: “The Midwest is boring and flat. Only cows live there.”
  • Present day Char: “The Midwest is a hip-hopp’in hipster joint.”


Here are some things I learned while on my adventure:

1. Aebleskivers are a beautiful gift to the taste buds.


They are basically Danish pancake balls that you can fill with anything you want: fresh fruit, peanut butter, cinnamon sugar... I am totally buying one of these pans and making this recipe. Nutella filled aebleskiver? Please.

2. Dancing with my 2 year old nephew to Ingrid’s Soldier is the best boy-cure imaginable.
3. Stealing my sister’s brown oxfords was a good idea.

 4. When you hang out with toddlers for a week you start eating like one.
















5. If you have razor burn, don’t put a frozen bag of mixed berries under your armpits to help you sleep. You will wake up as a big smoothie.

True Story.

XoXXoOXxOXooXx

Charlotte